Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Perspective on Prayer...

i have been realizing lately that when people ask me to be praying for something, there is this piece inside of me that just innately cringes. i have been quite perplexed by this and by what causes me to have this reaction.

and i think that much of what brings this reaction out in me is that in my mind i feel like if people need prayer that bad things are happening or that life isn't going well and i just don't want the inconvenience and pain of it. as if, maybe my perfectionism creeps into my attitude on prayer to the point where i would rather have things be perfect and then i wouldn't have a "need" to pray.

however, i realize this is totally and completely the wrong perspective on prayer. i realize that what i need to do is to embrace the privilege of talking to God about the things that matter most. to cherish the fact that the God who created all things is also willing to communicate and talk with me. instead of striving to not have a need to talk with him...i need to embrace every chance and moment as a wonderful opportunity to be able to connect with him.

i pray that my attitude and perspective on prayer can begin to change one opportunity at a time!

No comments:

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews