Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Been Far Too Long...

it seems as if it was forever ago that i last wrote. it has been far too long.

during this lull, i have been incredibly humbled to hear that there are people out there that have actually missed my writing. in one sense that seems crazy to me, and in another sense, i am incredibly honored. and so to you folks, thanks for reading and thanks for getting on my case about writing again. this return to blogging is partially for you.

but more than that, i know that entering into this space is incredibly good for me. it is good for me to be challenged to think and process in a different way. and it is good for me to engage in the process of "unpacking" thoughts. i know it betters me as a person, a minister, a husband, and i believe it will better me as a father.

so in many senses, even if no one was reading this, it would be good for me and be something that i should do...something i need to do. so honestly, in many ways this return to writing is for myself. and yet, it is not just for me, because i realize that what this activity does inside of me has a huge impact on those that surround me. and...if it happens to challenge those of you reading in the process, i cherish that as icing on the cake.

at any rate, i'm back!

that said, i want to tweak my approach to what i am actually writing. the monday, thursday routine got to be far too confining. i will still try to write follow-up thoughts to the wednesday teachings at campus house. other than that, i plan to allow the space to be much more free flowing...writing about where i am and what i am thinking.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Welcome back! I look forward to seeing what your "free-flowing" blogging looks like. I know it will cause more growth and thoughts, both for you and for us readers. Your blogging has been missed. I'm glad you're back. :)

Brad Smith said...

I was wondering how long it would be until you noticed this post. That was impressively fast.

Hope you like the first "free-flowing" post. should look awfully familiar.

James A Varner said...

Im glad you back too Brad!!

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews