Monday, May 16, 2016

The Podcast Generation...

I realized this morning that I am part of what might be called The Podcast Generation...

Here's what I mean...

I was born in 1980, which means that about the time I was finishing my formal education process, podcasts were making their rise.

Now that I am midway through my 30's, I believe that continuing to embrace the intellectual and personal growth that education produces, as one moves from the ages of 25 to 35, is one of the biggest factors in separating the exceptional from the ordinary.

So as I look back on that decade long period in my life, I realize that podcasts played, and continue to play, a significant role in continued intellectual and personal growth.  And I also realize that had I been born in 1970, the opportunity would not have existed.

I would like to think that I would have found and embraced some other avenue for growth and development, but I will never truly know.

Regardless, I am thankful at this stage in my journey that I am a part of The Podcast Generation.  I have been deeply influenced by the rather out of the ordinary phenomenon that are podcasts, and I don't want to take for granted something that simply fell into my generation.

No comments:

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews