Friday, July 27, 2007

Perfection...

i am a perfectionist....i have known it for a long time...i have also recently found a great group of guys that i play basketball with a few time a week.

this week while i have been playing basketball, i have been thinking about how my perfectionism relates to the way that God created me. God created me to be perfect...that was his desire. He formed me with the innate desire to strive towards perfection, so maybe being a perfectionist isn't all bad...

i also realize that Satan is very adept at using perfectionism as a tool to do his work. i think that he desire for me to get so caught up in my struggle with perfectionism, that it takes me away from God. that is where grace comes in....i have to understand that as a result of the fall, perfectionism must also be accompanied with grace.

so maybe my struggle is a little less with perfectionism and a little more about internalizing grace...it is a thought that i look forward to exploring...

No comments:

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews