Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life of David [1 Samuel 21 & 22]...

last night we entered in to the story of 1 samuel 21 & 22 and saw that david continues to turn to God as his sanctuary...as his place of refuge...as the place he goes to when he needs filled up. and we observed then, that in the first two verses of chapter 22, some 400 people are drawn to david. an absolutely beautiful picture.

my guess is that as a result of the sanctuary david turned to, he had an aroma about him that attracted others. it was an aroma of where he had been.

was it the aroma of Christ that paul talks about in 2 corinthians 2:14-15?

saul on the other hand, went to the sanctuary of the world. as a result, his aroma was that of the world...an aroma that drew others in to his evil-dominated imagination...and left them turning to the ways of the world as well.

the story leaves us pondering two questions...

what sanctuary are you turning to in your life?

what aroma are you carrying?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this lesson because it's so applicable and something that can be so evident. Sometimes I get caught up in what I need to be saying about Jesus, or who I can tell my story to. Those are important but I feel like lately He's just telling me to shut up and smell like Him. Because when people start smelling they will probably start asking questions.
I'm going to work on this and be a lot more intentional with it. Thanks for the insight!

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews