Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Joyful Flu...

Recently, my two-year old son had a bout with the flu...complete with projectile vomiting.

As I observed him, it was clear that he didn't feel quite right, and yet he was very interested in playing (especially as his older sister played away).  When it came time for the ever-dreaded projectile vomiting, it seemed as if it was all he could do to bring himself to stop what he was doing in order to do the deed.  And then, it was all I could do to convince him to get cleaned up before he went back to playing.

His bent towards enjoyment in the midst of illness struck me.

It was quite different from how I am when in the similar situation.

It stands as a good reminder and challenge for me to find joy in the midst of any situation...regardless of how seemingly negative, frustrating and unfortunate it may be.

No comments:

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews