Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Teaching...ups and downs...

there are just some weeks where putting together a teaching/preaching type of a lesson is just really challenging and it feels like it just won't come together the way that you want it to.

my lesson for our large group study tonight is definitely that way. i am teaching on luke 4, and it is causing me a lot of uneasiness. i think that it is good for me to have times like this with teaching because it keeps me humble and it reminds me that i must constantly trust God...but in the moment that is a little bit hard to remember.

i am also wondering if a little bit of this feeling is a result of the fact that i have taught 5 weeks in a row now. maybe it is, and maybe it isn't...i guess i really have nothing to compare it to since i have never done it before.

hopefully next week will provide me at least a slight bit of a respite because i will be teaching a section of luke that i taught last year at purdue and so i shouldn't have to do nearly as much prep work. that should really ease my stress level for a week. hopefully that will provide some rejuvenation in the process. i guess we will just have to see...

No comments:

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews