Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Back And Ready...

For some, the end of vacation and the getting back to the normal "grind" is a dread.

It doesn't have to be that way!

For me. after 12 days of vacation and a holiday weekend, it feels incredibly right and refreshing to be back into my normal "grind".

This reflection makes me think about the role of vacation.

Is it the pinnacle of life?  Or is it a time of refreshing and renewal in order to be able to enter deeply and fully into a great work and living day in and day out.

I fear that for many, the subtle attitude towards vacation is the former.  They essentially live for it, and of course, in the end find themselves in a state of dread any time a vacation comes to an end.

Alternatively, when vacation is about refreshing and renewal, there is something very right and good about the end of a true vacation and the re-entry into what for many feels like the "grind".

I am thankful for key voices in my world who have modeled and talked about this later sort of perspective on vacation, and I would find great significance in being able to perpetuate this perspective to others.

No comments:

Search This Blog...

Total Pageviews